Thursday, October 4, 2012

Stefanie & Andy at Wrights Mill Farm

June started off with Stefanie and Andy's celebration at Wright Mill Farm in Canterbury, CT. I had the pleasure of working with the couple as their Month-of Coordinator since Stefanie and her mother had planned and created all the details herself (ahh a handmade wedding-- we know how I love those!).  A big thanks to Alyson of Alyson Hickey Photography for sharing all the details from that beautiful day!

I started working with Stefanie two months prior to the wedding, but didn't get to meet Andy until the final venue walk through. Where Stefanie was all details and plans, Andy was bounce-off-the-wall excitement. I loved it! The love that these two have for each other was so obvious every moment that I spent with them. At the rehearsal we were discussing the possibility of rain the following day (and yes, it poured!). Andy looked at me and said "I don't really care what happens. I'm marrying her." Yeah, it's enough to make you tear up a bit..

And without further ado here's a little glimpse into their day...


I've never seen vine detailing on a gown before and was in total awe of this dress. It fit in so perfectly with the venue and the couple's offbeat personalities.


This is, by far, one of the most amazing bouquets I've ever seen. Sticking with the natural, rustic vibe of the day, Stefanie's florist used feathers, orchids, roses, succulents, ferns, vines and fungi (fungi!!) in the her bouquet.


Both the bride and groom had family from Canada that was unable to celebrate with them. Alyson captured this great shot of a guest recording the ceremony with his iPad to share with those who couldn't attend.


Wright's Mill Farm has no shortage of amazing locations for photos... ponds, waterfalls, old houses, swings... you could take photos for hours. And no, I couldn't resist yet another shot of this incredible bouquet!


The centerpieces were created by Stefanie and her mother (who was also responsible for a million other little bits of decor!) out of mismatched vessels and dried flowers and grasses. And this cake, oh I love this cake! I am a huge fan of faux bois and when Stefanie mentioned her cake was going to have a "wood grain" pattern I could barely contain myself!

All images courtesy of Alyson Hickey Photography


Like I said... a million different locations for beautiful photos! Thank you Stefanie and Andy for letting the Curry Kay Events team take part in your day.

Venue and Caterer: Wrights Mill Farm • Photographer: Alyson Hickey Photography • Florist: The Flowersmith  • DJ: DJ Brother Lou & Co •  Makeup: K. Shea & Co


No comments:

Post a Comment