Thursday, June 7, 2012

Trends: Fabric Invitations

Anyone that knows me knows that I love love love fabric! The colors, the patterns, the texture, and of course... what you can create with it! I've always loved including fabric in wedding decor in unexpected ways so, as you can imagine, I'm head over heels for this new trend of including fabric in invitations, specifically putting the invitation on fabric (oh be still my beating heart!).

Have I also mentioned that in a previous venture I sold screen printed textiles on Etsy? Weddings, screen printing and fabric.... This trend is the perfect storm for me!

I love these invitations on vintage handkerchiefs. Keep your text simple if you're working within a small area with an ornate border.

Green Wedding Shoes via Pinterest/ Photographer: Kate Headley

Fabric isn't only suitable for vintage weddings. Check out the modern invitations below. Using muted colors and relying more on the beautiful texture fabric makes these invitations contemporary yet still elegant.

Style Me Pretty via Pinterest/ Photographer: Sweetwater Portraits


I adore this suite below. Kraft paper, twine, and a lined envelope, all topped off with a screen printed handkerchief invitation? Swoon...

Oh So Beautiful Paper via Pinterest/ Designer: Lucky Luxe Couture Correspondence

Do these images inspire you? There are so many ways to use fabric to enhance your design. Give us a call today to discuss how you can use textiles to personalize your wedding decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment